Please suggest an easy way to deactivate a fields scripts

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 15:41:24 EDT 2009

Why would you need to set the script of an object to something else
while one of the handlers in that script container is running?
Certainly you can reset scripts anywhere you like, but this is easily
done from another script container.

If this is something you really need to do then build a handler in the
stack script and call it from the mouseEnter.  This version is
untested (but close) should work for any object you want.

------------  btn script
on mouseEnter
    send ("adjustMyScript" && the long name of me) to this stack in 10
milliseconds
end mouseEnter

on mouseEnter2
   --do the work here
end mouseEnter2

------------- stack script
on adjustMyScript theCallingObject
    if the the cpKeepThis of the (theCallingObject) is empty then
       --we need to define some custom properties
       --these get saved with the stack
       get the script of theCallingObject
       set the cpKeepThis of the (theCallingObject) to line 1 to 14 of
it
       set the cpCommentThis of the (theCallingObject) to line 15 to
-2 of it
       set the cpEndHandler of the (theCallingObject) to line -1 of it
       save this stack
    end if
    get the cpKeepThis of the (theCallingObject)
    get it & cr
    get it & the cpEndHandler of the (theCallingObject)
    set the script of theCallingObject it
    save this stack
    send mouseEnter2 to theCallingObject in 10 millisecs
end adjustMyScript

This allows each object to store variations of the script in its own
custom property structure.

If you put the button into a group, then you also have the group
script available in the hierarchy before the card and stack script.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas