HC Music that should be on Runtime Revolution

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 15:20:34 EDT 2009

Colin Holgate wrote:

"Something like 64% of machines have QuickTime"

You don't say . . .

However:

1. Runtime Revolution claims to be truly cross-platform.

2. Lists of system requirements that may require end-users to
   install other bits and bobs are a guaranteed turn-off.

3. I have a 'funny feeling' that Windows (which 'enjoys' the bulk
   of the market share) may become a minority OS relatively soon;
   whether pushed out by some sort of Linux or something else I cannot
   say; but may be not something that functions with Quicktime.

For RunRev to claim to be truly cross-platform it needs to become
independent of external sources of help, such as Quicktime.

Now, whether that involves something of the sort that we have been
discussing over the last few weeks, or building some quite complex
multimedia functionality into RunRev I don't know. Certainly part
of this question will be answered when the folks in Edinburgh decide
if they want to compete with the likes of MM Director.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.