[ANN] I have a confession...

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:30:43 EDT 2009

I don't know how commercially viable such an application is, but circa 1992
OS/2 had this feature built into the GUI, and perhaps in a slightly
different (more sophisticated?) way.  One just selected a property on a
folder to make the folder a "work-area folder".  From then on whenever that
folder was opened all the documents in the folder were opened in their
respective (associated applications).  When one closed the folder, all the
documents and (if those documents were the only ones that opened the
application) then the application quit too.  I guess one could script that
in OS X using automator.
Like some of the others that responded I haven't felt a need for the app
you're describing as I don't restart laptops for days (or even weeks) on
end.  I particularly like the hibernation feature in Windows.     I often
don't install any updates until I've decided I want the laptop to reboot.
 But then again I doubt that my kind of behaviour is normal.

Bernard