[ANN] I have a confession...

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Wed Mar 18 10:41:13 EDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 10:29 AM, Jim Ault wrote:

> but no other levels of automatic restore that I can think of.  My
> first thought would be a set of AppleScripts using Automator (built
> in to OSX), then have a MyScripts menu to trigger 'save
> configuration' or just trap events and ask for user input where
> necessary.

I'm skeptical that anyone would need to shut down the computer and
reopen it with all the same apps and documents open. Using Sleep does
that well enough for commuting (even for transatlantic flights), so
most times you would like to carry on exactly where you left off you
can do that.

More often that not though I will soon open Safari, Mail, and iChat,
so I do use an Automator app to do that for me.