HC Music that should be on Runtime Revolution

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 07:50:26 EDT 2009

Kay C Lan wrote:

"I've been sitting back wondering why people want to play door bell jingles on their computer ;-)"

[Oh, Bad Luck; you thought Richmond was going to take that one on the
chin and then smile :) ]

Neither do I want to play door bell jingles (even if for the only
reason is that I have a cheap Chinese doorbell replete with seven
nauseating jingles I can listen to to my heart's content).

However, on my computer I have a Hypercard stack called "Folk Tunes",
it is referenced here:

http://www.cs.sfu.ca/CC/SW/HyperCard/TeachHC/reference/hcref.html

under Music

(although that website seems to have 'gone' as I write)

and it does something considerably better than "the rape of
the moonlight sonata" as performed no my Doorbell.

I don't know whether there is copyright outstanding on this stack;
if I found it was FREE I would pop a zip of it on my website.

Now, as we all know; HyperCard only works on an out-dated, half-defunct
operating system, on out-dated, soon-to-be-defunct computers. If that
were not the case I would not be letting it rot in a dark and forgotten
part of my archives.

Embedding music files in RunRev / MetaCard stacks comes at quite a hit,
both in terms of file size, and RAM requirements; the HyperCard method
would be considerably 'cheaper' in both of these respects.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.