Table Fields problem

Josep jmyepes at mac.com
Sun Mar 15 06:38:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

The main goal is build a basic data entry that will be stored in a database,
for invoicing, task time control, etc..
For that I tryed to control the inputs over a tablefield to control how the
user edit or add new rows to a tablefield. For that I put a frontscript that
control the messages for the tablefield. I think that the arrows keys, the
enterkey and the movement is controlled via rawkeydown.
To add rows I use a button and the user click in some of the cell and can
put the values. Add another row clicking again in the button.
All is fine until arrive to the last viewable row. Suppose that I have 10
viewable rows. Click to add the row 9, all is fine, if I click in the row 10
nothing happen. The user can move over the rows 1-9 and change the data
clicking inside of a cell.
But when add the row 10 and click inside any cell to put the data, automatic
the tablefield add 2 rows more, the 11 and 12. Why? and how can control?

Many of you say me "Josep don't use table field, they are the devil" :) I
know that now.

Other solution proposed is use a field with tabstops and overlaping a hide
field to edit the data that the user click in the field. I try it without
exit.
How can calculate the column position over the line? To positioning the hide
field is hidding it moving to position and showing it with the data?

Any idea about how to solve it?

Salut,
JosepM