My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Mar 13 15:58:50 EDT 2009

On Mar 13, 2009, at 3:49 AM, BNig wrote:

> Hi Randy,
>
> following this thread I also played with beepLoudness and also lost
> the
> beep.
> I am on an Intel macBook pro 10.5.6 using Rev 3.0.0.
> When I restore the beep with set the beepLoudness to -1
> the beep is completely distorted and very (scaringly) loud. I have
> to go to
> system preferences to restore the beep loudness manually and
> everything is
> ok.
> Could anyone with the above configuration please confirm this?

When I set the Alert Volume on my MacBook Pro 10.5.6 to maximum using
the System Preference pane, then do 'put the beepLoudness, I get
'16777472'; when I set it to minimum the beepLoudness is 0. Setting
the beepLoudness to -1 gives the same results Berndt and Mark got. If
I do 'set the beepLoudness to 16777472' it restores the max beep
volume. But the Sound preference pane interface is not updated until I
exit the Sound pane and return to it. I can set the beepLoudness to
50% like this: 'set the beepLoudness to 16777472/2'.

Devin