Chunk order must be small to large

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 13:12:27 EDT 2009

I dug out my old copy of the v.2 User Guide.

This guide has stuff in it that the v.3 guide does not. It has a short
section on "Complex chunk expressions", where it states:

- chars can't contains words
- words can't contain items
- items can't contain lines

Now I know what "must be small to large" means; its right in the book, and
apparently has been for a while. On the streamlining of the Rev parser, having
to use parens or quotes is a small price to pay not to have HC forebearance.
Rebecca's script ditty is hilarious. How many would get it? How many would
laugh?

There are plenty of other goodies in that book, as I say, that ought not to
have been discarded in the v.3 User Guide. Its organization is different, read
odd, but still...

Craig Newman