Regular Expression question

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Mar 13 09:33:58 EDT 2009

Ron,

When you do a search, you're not searching for text. You're searching
for *binary data*. So, find out what the binary data is and make a
regex for that. If there are any characters with a special meaning,
escape them.

Also bear in mind that when doing matchChunk, you'll get the positions
in the binary string, which is not the same as the number of the
character in a field, because one character can consist of up to 4
bytes.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille