Export Snapshot and JPEG problems

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 12 05:19:16 EDT 2009

Hi

I have a stack which constructs a set of Cartesian axes on the fly.
The axes are contained within a group. The component parts (grid
lines, ticks, labels etc) are each contained within subgroups of this
group.

I want to export an image of the finished group and have used these
commands to produce an image of the axes as seen on screen.

export snapshot from grp theDefaultGrpName to file theFileName as PNG
export snapshot from grp theDefaultGrpName to file theFileName as GIF

However, try as I might, I can't get this version to work

export snapshot from grp theDefaultGrpName to file theFileName as JPEG

because the exported image is displayed with a black background.

I've tried setting the backgroundcolor of the grp to various colours,
thinking that the empty bgcolour of the group might make a difference,
but with no affect.
I've searched the docs and the use-group archive but if the answer is
there I must have missed it :)

I could always just leave the JPEG option out of my final version but
I would like to understand what the problem is.
BTW the filename is constructed from user input and has the correct
extension applied.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and regards

Ian McKnight