My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed Mar 11 17:55:41 EDT 2009

Brian,

 > What would be the basic requirement that would get people off the
 > ground, without growing into a monster sound effect library?

if you gave me methods to play .wav and .aif files (.ogg would be a
plus) on at least 8 different channels with the ability to set the
playloudness, panning and pitch (no time stretching needed, just
playing it faster would do just fine) I´d be a happy camper, if the
thing would not need to rely on quicktime or any other 3rd party add
on besides the external. There are quite a few opensauce libs around
like the beforementioned irrklang or openAL (the audio counterpart to
openGL). I would be willing to throw some $$$ into a pot instantly if
only I got that for at least the Mac and Win (linux being a plus
again). For me it would need to be able to dynamicly load and unload
samples (.wav and .aif) and play those without cutting off each other.
Though wrapping an external around an existing solution might be the
lowest hanging fruit for someone who speaks C.

If someone is to set up a group to discuss further specs, or wants to
carry this off list, please let me know.

Cheers,

Malte