My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Judy Perry katheryn.swynford at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:06:46 EDT 2009

Okay, before this ventures into unknown territory, let me state what I think
is hopefully obvious (and, for the love of g*d, don't be looking to my blog
for any solutions anytime soon... mostly because I LIKE Rev and want more
educators and game developers to adopt it... though, in the distant future
you just might find one potential audio solution believe it or not!):
1.  Rev's audio handling is substantially less than ideal.

2.  Not supporting sound channels is substantially behind the times (HC had
it when again?  Flash has how many now?)

3. The above #s 1 & 2 present some real reasons for educators and game
developers to NOT use Rev.

4.  #s1 & 2 above ARE possible and HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE for a really longtime.
 Even cross-plat Mac <--> Win.

So, why are we still living in sub-1986 then with respect to audio?

I mean, it's fine to note that the current set of Rev users, who've never
really had decent audio-handling capabilities in their current xTalk, aren't
storming the gates with pitchforks and torches... but at the same time we
might well ask ourselves who else would be at the table if they did...

Judy
http://revined.blogspot.com

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com