My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Mar 11 13:25:25 EDT 2009

Hi Scott and all,

> Recently, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>>> If you don't have a Mac, you're kinda out of luck AFAIK because
>>> while there is a Windows version, I've never actually come across
>>> anyone who was able to make it work under Windows.
>>
>> So maybe it's harder than we think to implement sound channels on
>> Windows after all.
>
> No "dis" intended Jacque, but I seriously doubt this.  From Adobe's
> Flash
> tech notes, published at the end of 2005:
>
> "Macromedia Flash Player 8 now supports 32 simultaneous sound
> channels,
> increased from the 8 sound channel limit previously in Flash Player
> 7."
>
> Better audio in Rev is long overdue.  If the Rev guys don't want to
> build it
> themselves, they could license from somebody else.

I have the old "External Collection Windows" somewhere on my (Mac) HD.
That 60 KB DLL also supports (4?) soundchannels and has been programmed
by Mr. Tuv Snyder.

If I remember right the copyrights belong to "CrossWorld Computing" :-)
So why not take this as a base for further implementations?

UserBase to Scotland! Got the message?

"Gradients" are nice, but soundchannels are even nicer! :-D

> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design