My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Mar 10 23:39:53 EDT 2009

Judy Perry wrote:

> Because Scott Raney had absolutely no use for it and lied that sound
> channels and/or HC-like musical scripting couldn't be supported under
> Windows IIRC.

The wording of whatever was said there may be important.  Dr. Raney may
have been infuriating at times, but I've never known him to be willfully
dishonest.

That he didn't see the value in it seems more like him.  Indeed, neither
has Kevin or anyone working on the engine in the 10 years since.

HC-style sound channels have some nifty attributes useful for a few
projects, but until someone can put together a business case for this it
will continue to be a wish rather than a feature.

But of course with a sufficiently compelling business case any tool
vendor would be stupid not to.

Why isn't there an external for this?

--
  Richard Gaskin