question of practise

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Mon Mar 9 17:16:57 EDT 2009

BTW. When I say Stack 1 and Stack 2, I mean the mainstack and all of its
substacks, if there are any. This, among other reasons, is why it is so
useful. There are also preferences where you can limit what is compared. It
will even tell you if the code lines of two handlers are identical, but you
changed their sequence.

Hi Peter,

No, you misunderstood, probably because I was unclear. If Changed Code
Picker actually changed stacks, it would be a PITA for everyone. ;-)

In order for Changed Code Picker to work, it clones the reference stack
(Stack 1) and renames the clone in memory only. Nothing is changed to disk.
This then allows the stack you want to compare to and change (Stack 2) to be
loaded into memory (actually this stack is cloned and renamed also, but only
in memory). Changed Code Picker makes no changes to your actual stacks on
disk, either Stack 1 or Stack 2. But this allows comparing two versions of
identically named stacks.

Only you can change Stack 2 by requesting it be sent to your editor (either
the Rev editor or GLX2) and manually making a change and manually saving
from your editor. In this case, the actual stack (Stack 2) is loaded into
your editor and is saved under whatever it was originally named and is the
same as if you loaded only that stack, edited it, and saved it.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini