question of practise

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 7 12:07:22 EST 2009

Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how are you working this issue: I have two versions of the same stack file
> with identical stack names and want to copy parts of version 1 into version
> 2. Since I can't open two versions of the same stacks at the same time, or
> at least can't have two version in the memory, I open version 1, copy those
> parts into clipboard or where ever to, close version 1 and open version 2
> and past the needed elements or code into my version 2 stack.
>
> But I think there is a more convieniened way to do this.

It's easy. Open the first stack and rename it temporarily, for example:
"myStack1", or "myStackOld". Open the second stack. Do whatever you want
to do.

When you are done, save the second stack if you made changes, then close
and remove from memory. If the first stack was the one you changed,
rename it back to the original name and save it. If you didn't make any
changes to the first stack, just close it without saving and the
original name will persist.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com