Emptying a ListMagic list, unhiliting a line

George C Brackett gbrackett at luceatlux.com
Fri Mar 6 16:16:07 EST 2009

Well, alas, no, everything is not fine.  I put the field and the
header group into another group with a label and a button and all
looked fine.  I could hide and show the group using the Property
Inspector, and I could select an item and reference it once using the
button.  Choosing another function of the program, which hides the
group in question, left the header hanging -- visible.  Closing and
opening the Application Browser showed that it had become ejected from
the group and was now on its own.

So I'll keep on truckin' with the separate field and header group.
Just a few extra lines here and there.

George

On Mar 6, 2009, at 3:46 PM, Jim Bufalini wrote:

Hi George,

> Thanks, Jim.  One other question: could one (or ListMagic) put the
> header group and the field into a group so that hiding the list does
> not require hiding the field and the header group?  Or would that gum
> things up?

Actually, I just thought of one. I just automated the complete removal
of
ListMagic when you hit the delete key with the pointer tool on either
the
list or header of a widget (either the individual widget or
everything, if
it's the last widget in a stack). When you put them in a group, your
delete
key would be sent to the group. I don't consider that right now. So, I
would
ungroup before deleting a widget. Other than that, everything should be
fine.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini

subscription preferences: