does anyone know how to make a link in a web page launch a Rev app and pass parameters to it?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Mar 4 20:42:29 EST 2009

On Mar 4, 2009, at 6:47 PM, Josh Mellicker wrote:

> There are links in web pages like this:
>
> http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=80616768&s=143441
>
> that will launch iTunes and send iTunes parameters (so iTunes knows
> what to display).
>
> I assume this is done by entering the app and this link protocol in
> some sort of system registry?
>
> Has anyone done this or know if it is possible with Revolution

Take a look at these links Josh:

Windows

Registering an Application to a URL Protocol
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa767914(VS.85).aspx>

OS X

HowToRegisterURLHandler
http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?HowToRegisterURLHandler

Apple Docs:
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPRuntimeConfig/Articles/PListKeys.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20001431-102207

I think you need to handle the 'GURL' apple event in your application.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems