Drag and drop?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 4 13:01:27 EST 2009

DunbarX wrote:

> In a message dated 3/4/09 12:26:44 PM, devin_asay at byu.edu writes:
>> Ah, then you want to have a look at Scott Rossi's GetInLine list demo.
>> See http://www.tactilemedia.com/ > Software > Revolution Tutorials &
>> Demos.
>>

> Ah. Now THAT is a kluge. thanks,

   kludge
   –noun Computer Slang.
   a software or hardware configuration that, while inelegant,
   inefficient, clumsy, or patched together, succeeds in solving
   a specific problem or performing a particular task.
   <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kludge>

- "patched together"?  Check.

- "succeeds in solving a specific problem"?  Check.

- "clumsy" or "inelegant"? Show me better.

Sure, it'd be nice to have in the engine.  But Scott's implementation is
far better in both appearance and responsiveness than most JavaScript
ones I've seen, on par with most draggable list reordering I've seen
from FileMaker Pro and other well-budgeted products where they spent
several orders of magnitude more development money to get the same thing.

Kudos, Mr. Rossi, on a job well done.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World