Beeps and menus

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 18:53:13 EST 2009

I posted this on the HC list by mistake. Took me three back-and-forths and a
handful of queries from common listmembers before I understood what was going
on. Brain needs debugger.

Forget the beeps. the docs warn against too many anyway.

Can anyone tell me the ordinary way to invoke a menuItem, like "Card
Inspector"? "doMenu" fails, as the docs also warn against.

Is sending the "menuPick" message to a menu always the correct way? This
seems roundaout; a command, not sending a message, should be the preferred method.
And you cannot send that message to a button, which threw me; I thought all
menus were buttons. Are menus a type of "object" in this scenario?

I am not whining.

Thanks,

Craig Newman