Mailing List Problems?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:08:43 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Len Morgan <len-morgan at crcom.net> wrote:

> It makes me wonder how much I may be missing because I'm using the digest
> version of the list.

I gave up on Digest mode a long time back for exactly that reason.

> As final question, does anyone know if in Thunderbird, a long digest takes
> up more disk space than the individual messages would take?  I can always
> have them go directly to my Revolution folder but I was thinking that would
> be a massive amount of data.

I suggest you create a gmail or similar account just for this (and other)
mailing lists, that way you can use their HD space rather than yours:-) I've
been on this List for a couple of years and the stats shows that I'm at 343
MB or 4% of my 7343 MB allowable space so I don't think I'll be running out
soon;-) Not only is that 343 MB of space saved on my HD, it's OVER 343 MB of
HD space I've saved off my TimeCapsule. Even if Digest mode were a little
slimmer it's still going to be a sizeable amount of space so why not let
gmail take care of the space and backup problems; it also has a nice search
feature and I use their Labels to categorise all the List posts in to one or
more of over a dozen Labels - helps in searching.

HTH