moving domain to on-rev

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Tue Jun 30 06:09:12 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to move a existing domain to on-rev. The site is on line
and I want to transfer it.

So as sugested in a couple of posts I started out by adding a domain
to my on-rev account via cPanel.
I set the home directory of this site at the root level and not within
the public_html folder of my home folder.
(this was suggested by Bill in one of the posts I've read)

cPanel did complain, exactly like I read in the posts but did create
the folder for this domain anyway (including a cgi-bin folder),
so all looked ok. I transfered some files over and tryed to acces the
index file at:
www.claudi.on-rev.com/cc-imaginering.nl/index.html  (cc-imaginering.nl
is the domain I try to move) to see if it works.

Unfortunatly I got a 404 errror. (the requested URL /cc-imaginering.nl/
index.html was not found on this server)
The same file uploaded to my public_html folder works just fine

My first question is how do I get to my site to test it. Is the URL I
entred wrong?
Is there some setting I overlooked?

The second problem I encoutered is the following

There is a part of the site which I don't want to be down for a couple
of days while the DNS update takes place so
I contacted my ISP where the site is currently hosted and asked them
to change the nameservers to ns1.on-rev.com and ns2.on-rev.com but
leaving the site on there servers till
the DNS update has taken place. They where ok with this and tried to
do it.

Next I got a mail from them telling me that they got the following
error from SIDN
Errors=1, Warnings=1, Informational=1
Some problems need to get fixed:
- Some of your name servers cannot be used (are broken).
** Full check report:
* general reports
Warning: all specified name servers are on sub-net 74.54.153.0/24
* primary name server "ns1.on-rev.com." [BROKEN]
Broken: the name server does not know of domain "cc-imaginering.nl."
* secondary name server "ns2.on-rev.com."
Info: problems with the primary, so not all tests run.
** DNScheck 4.2.6, 2009/06/29 15:45:16 CEST+0200
#### fail

I don't know if both things are related, maybe, but I realy like the
site to stay working during the DNS update
I hope that it is possible.

If anyone can help me out I would appriciate it very much

Sincerly,
   Claudi