Printing Help?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Jun 30 03:12:52 EDT 2009

Recently, J. Landman Gay wrote:

>> Does anyone have a primer or tutorial on printing from Rev (revPrint)?  The
>> roughly 40 or so properties listed in the dictionary plus print/open
>> printing/answer printer is just a tad overwhelming...
> There are so many printing controls, as you say, that it would help if
> we know what kind of printout you're doing. You don't usually need to
> set them all, often the defaults are fine. It mostly depends on what
> kind of output you're going for. For example, if you aren't printing
> booklets, you can usually ignore gutters, two-sided printing, etc.

Fairly simple: one card, 8x10 (to fit easily on 8-1/2 x 11), user doesn't
need to see it on screen.  I a simple "print this card" on Mac running Rev 3
and it seemed to work fine.  Tried it on another machine running Rev 3.5,
and I get split second of progress bar, and then nothing: no printing
starts, Printer app doesn't open, the result is empty.

Does a stack need to be visible to print?  If not, I guess I need to open it
off screen?

I'm also not clear on the Page Setup behavior.  Is the idea to store the
result as printerSettings and apply the saved data in the future so the user
doesn't need to set up the printer again?

Jacque, you're always willing to step in and provide help, it's just
amazing.  Thank you so much.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director