Rev cannot open my jpeg ? - but it is possible!!

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 17:33:31 EDT 2009

On 29 Jun 2009, at 21:31, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Does this also address the issue on OS X?

No difference at all.

> Also, how can one obtain the original bounds of the image in order
> to scale it proportionately?

Once the image is loaded up you could use the formattedWidth &
formattedHeight. To do so before loading the image (on OS X 10) you
could use SIPS via a shell call to get the pixel dimensions of the
image.

On 29 Jun 2009, at 21:43, Jim Lambert wrote:

> If it's just display of big JPEGs you need, how about importing and
> displaying them in a (QT) player?

I've done this before now as you also get the ability to load up
TIFFs, PDFs etc, but it tends to be a bit clunky in comparison to the
native handling of images.

Masks and partial transparency, for example, won't work with a player
object. I also ran into problems when trying to combine scaled players
and visual effects for a slideshow app - but that was quite a long
time ago and is probably a lot better - it may even have been before
Core Image visual effects were added.

Ian