Rev cannot open my jpeg ! - and some serious thinking

Mike Markkula acm at armas.com
Sun Jun 28 13:07:42 EDT 2009

Sarah,

The script below will at least treat the user properly.

I too wish wish wish Rev would remove the 4095 pixel width limit!
(there is no height limit) As is, its a deal breaker for any serious
app in the photography arena.

Mike Markkula

function importImageFile theFilePath
   -- attempt to create image given its file path
   -- if successful, return its id,  if not, return empty
   -- Rev can import images wider than 4095 pixels,
   -- but can¹t display them properly

   set the itemDelimiter to "/"
   put the last item of theFilePath into theImageName

   try
      import paint from file theFilePath
      put the ID of the last image into theImageID
      if the width of image ID theImageID > 4095 then
         delete image ID theImageID
         put empty into theImageID
         beep
         answer "Sorry, I can't open " & quote & theImageName & quote & \
         " because it's wider than 4095 pixels."
       end if
   catch anyError
      if anyError is not empty then
         delete image ID theImageID
         put empty into theImageID
         beep
         answer "Sorry, I can't import " & quote & theImageName & quote & \
         " because " & anyError & "."
      end if
   end try

   return theImageID