Quick Screen Capture Question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 27 23:49:37 EDT 2009

Len Morgan wrote:

> The image takes up the whole screen so I can't have a stack in the way
> or I'll miss some part of the diagram.  I've tried the "export snapshot"
> but I can't seem to get it to work without having the user use the mouse
> to draw the area to be captured.  Is there a way to define the SCREEN
> rect that I want captured rather than a stack or object?
>
> Can I start the stack up first and have it down on the task bar with a
> right click menu option to capture the screen?

If you do something like this, you won't have to minimize the stack, it
will hide itself while taking the shot:

on mouseUp
    put the working screenrect into tRect
    set the visible of this stack to false
    export snapshot from rect tRect to file \
       specialFolderPath("desktop") & "/screenshot.png" as png
    set the visible of this stack to true
end mouseUp

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com