Scrolling a Gigantic Text file in a field

capellan capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 15:57:39 EDT 2009

Hi Richard, Andre and Craig!

Thanks for answering my request.

Probably the differences in my results are that the whole text of
the Bible is only 4.24 MB and the Gigantic Text file is between
15 MB and 25 MB.

i am sure that 4.24 MB or 25 MB are no problem if you are using a
modern machine with the fastest processor and heaps of memory,
but the stack on which i am working, should run fairly well in older
machines too.

Andre recomendation's is the solution that i remember was proposed
in a previous discussion about this topic, but i could not found the
messages in the archive. The difficult part was handling smoothly a
field, acting like a small window for the bigger file, not too different
from the way it works the program Large Text File Viewer:

http://download.cnet.com/Large-Text-File-Viewer/3000-2379_4-90541.html