Data limit on data grid?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jun 23 15:51:00 EDT 2009

On Jun 23, 2009, at 12:04 PM, Jim Lambert wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2009, at 5:08 AM, Trevor wrote:
>
>> Is the "persistent data" property set to true for the data grid? What
>> happens if you turn it off?
>
> Turning off persistent data solves the problem of not being able to
> re-open the stack. Thanks.
> This empties the datagrid when the stack closes. So the data must be
> re-imported. That's OK by me.
> Just wonder if there is a data limit when persistent data is true.

I personally haven't done any testing with limits for persistent data
but here is what is happening. If persistent data is true then the
dgData array is stored in a custom property of the data grid whenever
you modify that data. This allows the data to be saved with the stack.
That also means that your data will take up twice the memory at
runtime as it is always stored in the custom property set as well as a
script local variable for the data grid.

If you are retrieving data from an external data source I recommend
turning persistent data off as there is no need to store the data in
your stack and it will speed things up.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore