Debugging DataGrid script

mfstuart mfstuart at cox.net
Tue Jun 23 11:47:05 EDT 2009

Hi George,
I think I wasn't clear on whether I had headers defined or not. But was
going by what Trevor had defined on his site as the way to use the script to
populate a DG.
Anyway, I have a header already defined with 4 columns.

>From Trevor's previous reply, it seems that using a script to populate a DG
with "set dgText..." NOT on the card where the DG is, will not populate the
DG, at this point.
And I have 9 cards with a DG on each card that I want to populate, all from
the result of the same script, not on any of these cards.
I may have to come up with a work around from the results of this
restriction.

Work around question:
Trevor, if I populate all 9 sets of data into 1 DG and define an extra
column called "Type", that defines the type of record, then this may work.
But then I need to allow the user to filter the records from one type of
record set to another, and back again.
I checked out your website for "filter" and didn't see any reference.

How do I filter the records in a DG?
All records in the DG have been populated from reading a txt file.
So there's no database integration in this, as yet. But would be added if
needed to filter correctly.

I would use an Option Menu as the filter, to list the 10 Types of records.
(The first selection is blank for all records when selected)
So when the user selects an option, the DG would filter on the "Type"
column, equal to the selected option. If first option in the list is
selected, then display all records.
And then changing the selection would filter again the records in the DG.

I'm not sure how to filter records subsequent times, if they have already
been filtered when the original contents of the DG were not from a DB.

Regards,
Mark Stuart