Hide Screen Furniture

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 08:03:40 EDT 2009

Mark Wieder wrote:
> Ken-
>
> Monday, June 22, 2009, 3:08:07 PM, you wrote:
>

>> Be careful here... when the docs say "Mac OS", they mean OS 9 and earlier
>> (Classic). SystemWindow works perfectly fine in OS X...

A 'Classic' in its own right, that one!  Perhaps where the documentation
says "Windows"
it means Windows 95 and earlier . . .

Err . . . Windows (Classic)

Of course part of the problem is the people at Apple who invented that
silly use of the
word 'classic' (as in 'outmoded') and started renumbering OS releases in
a way inconsistent
with prior practise. Mac OS X 10.5 should be called Mac OS 15; and then
it would be easy
enough to use "Mac OS 9", "Mac OS 10", "Mac OS 11" and so forth without
such daft
misunderstandings.

At least the people at Microsoft have woken up and are calling there
"Next Big Thing" a
really sensible name: "Windows 7"!
> Well... so much for snippy documentation remarks... silly me, I read
> the docs and assumed they were "correct". I trust you added a web note
> to this effect so that we don't stumble over this again. Maybe it's
> about time that the "Mac OS" notations in the documentation were
> changed to "Mac OS 9"?

I'm not sure if I can see much point in that, as, as far as I understand,
versions of RR for Mac OS 9 have been discontinued.

Face facts; the documentation needs a complete overhaul.