vbscript updater vs. other solution

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Jun 23 03:32:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

On Vista I am using a vbscript solution (with Trevors help) because of the
admin rights for the program dir in my automatic updater. As I have posted
earlier there are some conditions on some machines, where this vbscript
solution fails, where I didn't get around yet, e.g. the message
>"C:\Users\Username" has no file extension< - no idea what is missing there,
never heard of a file extension for a user.

Now I remember that there has been a thread on this list where somebody also
told about problems with vbscript what was the reason that he changed to
another solution. But I can't find that thread anymore. I would be
interested in those reasons what was going wrong in his solution and how he
solved it.

Thanks

Tiemo