my sqlite code is slow :(

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Mon Jun 22 21:15:22 EDT 2009

The SQLite database is local. A code that writes a similar amount of
data into text files (where each file would be a record) is too fast
to bother with any user feedback (at least on this machine).

As for not using an array, I haven't tried that yet, good idea. I'll
try tomorrow, but i have multiline data and in addition, some fields
might contain single quotes and other intervening stuff. So I'd need
to introduce lots of escaping and data changing things to use a single
string.

thanks for your thoughts, everybody
björnke

PS: and yes i too think that something must be wrong somewhere