OT: Data recovery from incomplete CD

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jun 22 19:10:49 EDT 2009

Jacque-

Monday, June 22, 2009, 2:41:37 PM, you wrote:

> I've tried a couple of data recovery programs but they won't work unless
> the CD will mount, and this one appears blank in both OS X and WinXP.
> Anyone know of a utility that could deal with this? Either OS is fine.

I think my guess is the same as Luis's. If the CD was force-unmounted
then probably the disc headers weren't written. It's possible that one
of the standard CD utilities (Toast? Nero?) can force the session to
be closed and the headers written.

...and if possible, hang onto your old hard drive rather than letting
the shop toss it out. It may still be possible to recover the files
you're interested in the same way they did, by booting off a utility
disc and then copying just those files onto something else (a flash
drive, for instance).

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net