Hide Screen Furniture

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:57:04 EDT 2009

klaus at major.on-rev.com wrote:
> Hi Richmond,
>
>> We have  hide menuBar   and    hide taskBar
>>
>> but we don't seem to be able to hide the Mac Dock
>
> "hide menubar" will also hide the dock on OS X!
> Åt least it did a minute ago here...
>
>> the GNU Panel(s), Cairo-Dock, Avant Window Manager,
>> or any other item of "screen furniture" that might be
>> better tucked away whilst our stack/apps are running.
>>
>> RR stacks running under GNOME will cover the Panel(s),
>> but they are unable to make Cairo-Dock or AWN go away.
>>
>> Anybody "out there" with any bright ideas in this respect.
>
> Never heard of the other thingies :-)

TIME YOU DID, as desktop Linux distros become more mainstream:

http://awn.wetpaint.com/

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/cairo-dock/

Bye-the-bye, there are quite a few 'docks' around for Windows:

http://rocketdock.com/

http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/

http://xwdock.aqua-soft.org/

http://www.askvg.com/sliderdock-another-cool-dock-for-windows/

http://techie-buzz.com/utilites/dock-your-applications-in-a-circle-with-circledock.html
(this one is particularly messy)

all guaranteed to get in the way of your 'Next Big Thing'.  :)