Windows 7 - any experiences?

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri Jun 19 06:07:16 EDT 2009

Hi Tiemo,

> so that RC1 is available for download since some time I would be
> interested,
> if anybody already has tested Rev 3.0/3.5 on Windows 7 and would be
> willing
> to share his/her experiences?
>
> I hadn't the chance yet for a test but I am curious, if and what we have
> adapt or is it just running smooth without notice?

I recently built an Intel Core i7 machine with 6GB of RAM, so I've been
trying to decide on a 64-bit operating system.

I liked Windows 7 a lot. Much snappier than Windows Vista. Lots of updated
drivers. A smarter UAC. I would probably use it except for two problems: 1)
I prefer the Vista/XP task bar. And 2) there is no upgrade path from RC1 to
the shipping version of Windows 7; you will have to do a clean install when
it ships.

I noticed no difference in Rev behvior between Vista and Windows 7.

- Bill