Data Grid and per column allow editing

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jun 16 16:30:06 EDT 2009

On Jun 16, 2009, at 11:32 AM, mfstuart wrote:

> Trevor, you're awesome dude. Thanx for the amazingly quick response :)

No problem. It completes a feature, didn't take long to do on my end
and will probably save a number of people a lot of time. Seems like a
good investment :-)

> We (my company) don't even give that kind of service to the public in
> general.
> (only those that are prepared to pay the extra $$)
> It's quite the trait to "follow".

I think that the customer support process that occurs after a product
is released is very important. When the product is used in real work
you learn what mistakes you made and what people really need.

When you fix a bug and get it into the customer's hands, or polish off
a feature so you can save them more time then everybody wins. The
customer wins because you helped him out and he can get back to work.
You win because you now have a customer that knows you stand behind
what you sell and your product has been improved.

I don't think paying for some types of support is bad but there is
definitely a level of dialog that should exist between company and
customer that can occur regardless of whether or not the customer can
afford/is willing to pay for it.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore