storing a Word document as a customprop

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Jun 12 10:08:57 EDT 2009

On Jun 12, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Peter Brigham MD wrote:

> Bummer. I can't use RTF because the documents contain tables, and
> I'm pretty much stuck with that. I'll use my own FORMalizer utility
> to overlay fields on a PNG of the blank document and fill them in
> that way. I was exploring other possibilities...

You could use a DOCX (Office Open XML) file instead of DOC to
accomplish what you are after. A DOCX file is just a zipped file that
you can decompress using revZip. Once you unzip the file there is a ./
word/document.xml file that has the contents that you see when you
open the DOCX file in Word or Pages. You could perform your search/
replace on that file, zip everything back up and you are good to go.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems