Help on export snapshot

Paul Gabel paulgabel at comcast.net
Thu Jun 11 16:49:36 EDT 2009

Hello list:

Can anyone help me on exporting a snapshot by script. I have a little
camera image that, when clicked, should export a snapshot of the card/
window to the desktop of any user. I've read the export snapshot docs,
but I'm having trouble with a universal filepath to the desktop.

export snapshot from this window to file "/HD/Users/Desktop.jpg" as JPEG

doesn't function.

export snapshot to file "experiment.png"

results in a garbled text in a Text Edit file buried in my Rev 3.5
folder.

Mac 10.5.8
Rev 3.5 gm 2

Thank you very much,