expanding an error description

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Jun 10 16:27:27 EDT 2009

Has anyone already developed a code snippet that does this?

I help maintain some software whose users can sometimes generate an
error by entering malformed data in a given field (e.g. non-numeric data
where math is done after data is moved into temp variables). What I'm
looking for is some code that displays the contents of the variables
containing malformed data. However, the error handling code is in a
libraried stack so I assume I can't just "get the variableNames" from
there and work with those, since the error occurred in the script of a
different stack.

Any thoughts?

Thanks much.
--