Lost global variables when running on Windows

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 10 05:37:27 EDT 2009

Hi from Paris,

I'm running Rev 3.0 on my Mac, and I built a
standalone Splashstack, so I could run on Windows
and update my stacks in real time. I generate the
Mac version, and the PC version of the SplashStack
standalone at the same time.

My SplashStack on my Mac calls my .rev file, and
all the functions run perfectly, such as displaying
photos from an external folder, whose name I hold
in a global variable.

I use my global variables to hold such things as :
stackname, platform (so I know the PC system drive),
intermediate folder names, and I build all my file
paths by concatenation of these globals.

When I call the same .rev file from the Windows
version of the SplashStack, I find I have a handful
of global variables MISSING. They are defined and set
in the OpenStack script of the.rev called stack, and
later on - they disappear.

Are there any know problems concerning global variables
from use on the Mac to use on the PC ?

Any feedback gratefully accepted.

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"