How to handle a "wait for file" situation

George C Brackett gbrackett at luceatlux.com
Tue Jun 9 11:54:19 EDT 2009

I'm not sure, but this might work:  If you divide your script into two
pieces
	on firstPart
	on secondPart
  using whatever script local variables you need for them to
communicate, then you could say in the last line of firstPart
	send "secondPart" to me in 18 seconds

This way you're not blocking the processor.  I guess to avoid having
the firstPart execute again during the 18 seconds you will have to set
a flag that you're "waiting" and bail if the flag is set.  Would that
work?

George