How to handle a "wait for file" situation

Mark Smith lists at futilism.com
Tue Jun 9 11:51:57 EDT 2009

Craig, you're quite right, and so is Jaque, but in this case, the
script is running as a cgi on a server, so has it's own exclusive
copy of the engine running it - so nothing else would be getting held
up. In another case, though, you might use "wait 1 second with
messages", which pauses the current handler for the specified time,
while allowing other stuff to happen....I think there's a good
tutorial somewhere on the various ways you use these different ways
of waiting and sending messages and so-on, but I can't remember
where...was it Dar Scott?

Best,

Mark