Remote database access: How?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 05:51:17 EDT 2009

I take it that this is a temporary thing?  The standard practice would
be to put some kind of "application server" (however simple) in front
of the database, especially if the database is sitting on the
internet, and access is only by username/password, and if the
connections are unencrypted.

Bernard