Remote database access: How?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 00:18:31 EDT 2009

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Tereza Snyder <tereza at califex.com> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Why is Revdb still compatible only with MySQL versions less
> than 4.x? I can use it now for this pilot project, but I'll
> have to pursue a different solution for the full-fledged
> app.

If I remember correctly, it has to do with the license of the connector - MySQLabs changed it from LGPL to GPL at one point, which would force RunRev to also open-source the engine if they wanted to continue shipping the driver with the Revolution IDE.

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====