Setting up Enterprise

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 8 21:09:27 EDT 2009

George C Brackett wrote:
> Thanks for the advice Andre.  I'm still not sure whether you maintain
> one source (Mac+PC) or two (Mac, PC).  I'm also a single programmer, not
> a group, which seems to be the best reason to use the version-control
> features of Magic Carpet.  Could you describe just a bit more how you
> use MC?

It's really hard to maintain separate source files, you're bound to
forget to change something on the other copy. I always work with a
single stack file, which I share across platforms. In general I do most
of the work on my Mac, and then I open the stack on Windows (running on
Parallels) and tweak things that need it. I keep going back and forth
like that, checking things.

Keeping two separate copies in synch seems like double the work to me.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com