No Web DataGrid Yet?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Jun 8 11:50:13 EDT 2009

Rick,

I think you may be mixing things. Datagrids are a visual component for
revolution, it uses buttons, fields and other controls to render itself and
this is only possible in a stack. There are two complementary web
technologies, one is iRev and the other is the forthcoming web plugin. The
iRev thing is used on the On-Rev.com service and allows you to mix HTML and
Revolution code but it does not allow you to use any GUI stuff such as
fields, buttons or the like. The web plugin on the other hand will allow you
to do that, but like flash, it will be a binary blob rect inside a webpage
and will require plugin instalation on all the clients, just like flash.

Andre