Remote database access: How?

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Mon Jun 8 10:29:08 EDT 2009

On Jun 8, 2009, at 8:58 AM, Bernard Devlin wrote:

> You could connect directly to the SQL server with few security worries
> if your app and the server will run on the same LAN (or if they
> connect via some kind of VPN/secure tunnel).

Unfortunately, the app will be downloaded by scattered users logging
in from who-knows-where.

It looks as if my dream of simple direct access to the database is
kaput, so I'll have to construct some kind of online infrastructure to
mediate between my rev app and its data in MySQL.

Live and learn,

Tereza Snyder
Califex Software, Inc.
<www.califexsoftware.com>