Basic DataGrid question

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Jun 8 09:15:10 EDT 2009

On Jun 6, 2009, at 5:33 PM, Paul Gabel wrote:

> This works great! But, before I put the field into the datagrid I
> need to do an operation on the third "item" in each line and put the
> result into the fourth "item" in each line. An "item," of course, is
> not an item. It's text in a column (I have vGrid set to true). But I
> can't figure out how to access it. I've tried various delimiters,
> but nothing works. I can't just say: Get the number in column 3,
> operate on it, then put the result in column 4.

Hi Paul,

It sounds like you are trying to figure out how to work with the text
in a field rather than data in a data grid. Is that correct? If so,
and you have your text displayed in a field with tabstops set and your
data is being displayed in columns then your column delimiter is tab.
You can then access column 3 of line 2 like this:

put item 3 of line 2 of myFieldText into theColValue

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems