replaceText

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Sun Jun 7 15:48:08 EDT 2009

The original script is more complex than the one I relayed before.  I
have a field with
a bunch of text and then I have a field with a number of lines of
chars that now match
the chars in my field with text.  I also have a field with a number
of lines of chars that
will replace each line of text in the second field which will be the
actual text I end up
with in the first field.

Here is the code,

on mouseUp
     put fld id 1014 into findText
     put fld id 1017 into newText
     repeat with n = 1 to number of lines in fld id 1014
         put "id=" & line n of findText into findCode
         repeat 4 times
             delete last char of findCode
         end repeat
         --answer findCode
         put "id=" & line n of findText into replaceCode
         repeat 4 times
             delete last char of replaceCode
         end repeat
         --answer replaceCode
         put line n of newText into newCode
         repeat 4 times
             delete last char of newCode
         end repeat
         --answer newCode
         --exit to top
         put replacetext(findCode, replaceCode, newCode) into fld id
1004
     end repeat
     repeat with n = 1 to number of lines in fld id 1014
         put "thumbs/" & line n of findText into findCode
         put "thumbs/" & line n of findText into replaceCode
         put line n of newText into newCode
         --put replacetext(fld id 1004, findCode, replaceCode, newCode)
         put replacetext(findCode, replaceCode, newCode) into fld id
1004
     end repeat
end mouseUp

I did forget it was a function and tried to use the put as can be
seen above
but got an error.

regards,
-=>JB<=-