What do Rev programmers charge per hour for programming?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Sat Jun 6 11:06:30 EDT 2009

Charles Szasz wrote:
> What do Rev programmers charge per hour for programming?

Hi Charles,

The simple answer is: It's not that simple.

I've heard of hourly rates (USD) for Rev programmers ranging from a
couple of dozen dollars per hour to a couple of hundred dollars per
hour. What a person receives per programming hour is dependent on many
things; but ultimately I think it shows what the programmer thinks he's
selling, and how much or little he is willing to take for it in the
context of what his market will bear.

    * What are you selling? Hours of time or programming outcomes (aka
      product features)?
    * Who are you selling them to? People who understand and value those
      commodities, or people who don't?

Food for thought.
--
Phil Davis